6.10.2012

[HAINANESE too]

After getting a taste of WEE NAM KEE's hainanese chicken during our moms' day celebration, I thought of making one myself. Since I am not really that much of a kitchen diva (although hubby & the girls say I can now whip up mean meals like pasta dishes, adobo, chicken stew, etc), I thought of getting help from cooking tutorials in  YOUTUBE to make it easy.

After looking through different ways of cooking hainanese chicken, I chose these how-to videos to follow:





By way of pictures, I will show you how I cooked my own version of the famous Singaporean chicken rice dish.


1. PREPARING THE CHICKEN FOR STUFFING 

shallots, garlic, coarse salt, ginger
stuffed



2. BOILING THE STUFFED CHICKEN 


pandan leaves for added flavor


3. COOKING THE RICE IN CHICKEN BROTH



chicken broth instead of plain water



4. PREPARING THE GARNISH & DIPPING SAUCES

cucumber slices
grated ginger, garlic & shallots 
mixed with  olive oil & sesame oil


5. HAINANESE CHICKEN READY FOR SERVING



We had this hearty chicken dish for dinner. My family said it was delicious, its taste they found close to the original one, if not better. ;)  Not bad for a first-timer, they said. 

You too can do it. Learning how to cook this dish is a just a video click away...

No comments:

Post a Comment

i would love to hear your thoughts about this post, :)