9.12.2013

[customized ROMAN SHADES]

Window dressing our newly-built home was a predicament then. Never the frilly type, I thought of putting up roman shades instead. But the supplier we inquired from gave us a quotation of Php 50,000+ for all rooms on the G/F & 2/F. Talk about highway robbery! =(

So, when my mom mentioned that her curtain-maker, a local seamstress, does roman shades, I immediately contacted the lady & asked for an estimate. It was half the amount I initially got from the other supplier, but still way out of my budget. :( Since I wanted more savings, I decided to go for the roman shades only in the living, dining & family rooms. The seamstress then gave me another amount, this time at around Php 15,000.00 - Php 18,000.00. Still a no-no for me. Then she gave me an option. She would buy the mechanisms & other accessories at cost while we would provide the wooden support brackets. The latter would be easy on our part because hubby has his reliable handy men to do it for us.


This is what we came up with - our customized roman shades.

pulley mechanisms



nylon lift cords

wooden support brackets
with velcro attachment
for the curtain panels

painted 10mm dia
deformed bars inserted
in rod pockets 
Here's part of what we have now in the living room 



& the family room.


Final cost? Almost Php 10,000.00 for the whole system in the 3 areas, including the first set of roman shades. A whole lot of savings for me. ;)

*Fabric & mechanisms - from Divisoria

11 comments:

  1. Ang galing! I need some in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buti na lang hubby's got people who can do the brackets. Ang laki ng tipid ko, ging! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love that every time I read your blog, I learn something new. Every time i'm like "So that's what you call that!" or "Wow! That's really pretty!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this mare! I want roman shades too but they are too expensive nga. I will contact you asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Roman shades! Kaya lang the first I learned how much one costs, biglang ayoko na. But this is awesome! I have a "condo-style" space I need to decorate and this blogpost is a gem Peach! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dew! i saw your post on that. ok naman yung napili nyo. ako rin, i hope to get a smaller place to stay kse jill will soon be in college. :)

      Delete
  5. Ang galing!
    I want a roller combi blinds. Pero ang mahal pala...21k for 6 small windows! I never thought na ganun sya kamahal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yan ba yung hunter douglas brand? that's on my wishlist pero the cost stops me from buying it, sobrang mahal!

      Delete
    2. The sewing quality is evident on the swelling or lunges of the fabric which does not give a clean an streamlined look. The bars used can rust. If the difference in price is not too significant, get a professional source. Durability and after service may be guaranteed.

      Delete
  6. Hi. Would just like to know kung san nabibili yung mechanism? I already have my fabric. I just need the mechanism. Thank you. Hoping for your reply

    ReplyDelete

i would love to hear your thoughts about this post, :)