11.17.2012

[a breakfast smoothie]

I learned to make a veggie-fruit smoothie when I attended a raw food seminar 3 months back. The recipe I got from that workshop called for a lot of ingredients. So on my first time to try this, I just made do with what was in my pantry.

I had 3 on hand - camote tops, papaya chunks & banana slices. The camote tops came from our friendly village couple caretakers who tend a small vegetable farm nearby. We are given our share of their harvest, free-of-charge! ;)

The veggie-fruit combo,


all chopped-up & ready for the whirl,


sweetened up by stevia,


before being blended into this.



After a few minutes, this is what I had that morning -a delicious, healthy smoothie concoction.



I had 4-5 glassfuls of it for breakfast. It was so filling that I didn't feel the hunger pangs till mid-afternoon. For day 2, it was still the camote tops but this time, I mixed it with mango slices & pineapple chunks. And for this morning, the camote tops went with the apple slices. 

I have searched online for other smoothie recipes to try & found this & this. I just might include the ingredients there in my to-buy list for my next grocery stop. ;)



3 comments:

  1. Looks like a very healthy smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyam Nyam Nyam!
    I hope to find Camote tops in the grocery. Gayahin kita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try mo na, Em! Best combined with a fruit, di Masyadong lasang gulay. :D

      Delete

i would love to hear your thoughts about this post, :)